CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

REMEMBERING PARADISE

Last week, I returned from a week on the island of Moorea in French Polynesia- celebrating my 25th anniversary with my husband in a place that is truly paradise...it has been on my "bucket list" for a while, and now I can say it is in a place where wonderful memories live forever...

/>




Tahiti is a French country, and the food was amazing, incredible pastries, fresh baguettes at the local market, a great array of fresh fish prepared in unusual ways,exotic fruits, $10.00 bottles of Bordeaux wine....Tahitian vanilla creme brulee and profitorales for dessert...We even found a pizza place that delivered to our hotel, a nice thin crusted pizza and chocolate mousse for dessert....

One of my favorite dishes was something called Poisson Cru, which is very similar to ceviche - ingredients include high quality tuna, lime, coconut milk, cucumber, tomato, scallions, salt and pepper...

I would have to say it was perfection...but isn't that another word for paradise?

2 comments:

janie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your wonderful husband!

Linda Lou said...

Thanks Janie, hard to believe all this time has passed!